The Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit
As a VetAssist® Partner, through the Aid & Attendance pension benefit, we are dedicated to helping veterans who have proudly served their country, or their surviving spouses, get the benefits they deserve.
Our specialists in the VetAssist® Program
- help you determine if you qualify for the VA Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit
- assist you to identify and obtain documents needed for the application
- help you complete and submit the application to the VA
- furnish an interest-free loan, if qualified, so you can pay for your home care while the VA processes your application.
- monitor your application’s progress, and assist with responses to VA requests for additional information until your pension is approved.
Even after you receive your pension, our VetAssist® Program keeps working for you
- Continue to monitor your home care, to assure that you get the services you need, on a schedule that works for you.
- Keep track of your medical expenses and help you stay in compliance with the VA, so you retain the maximum allowable pension amount.
- Help you to file any additional paperwork with the VA.
- We’re always a phone call away if you have questions or concerns.
About the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit
In 1952 Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code, creating what we now call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and authorizing benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service Connected Pension, with “Aid & Attendance.” (Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit.)
Even though the pension has been around for 60 years, very few people know about it or understand how it works.
You may have what it takes to be eligible for the “Aid & Attendance” benefit. Call us today for details, or fill out the VetAssist Contact Form, and someone will contact you right away.